View the FAQ's to learn more about the program now.
The welding instructor, (as a CWI) can witness student's tests in their weld shop. Instructor must hold a current AWS CWI certification. Instructors without CWI certification can opt to take a CWI course and exam, or utilize WTTI's inspectors to witness the tests at your facility. Students have the confidence of performing their certification tests in a familiar environment: their own school.
|How do I become a WTTI Remote Test Facility (RTF)?
||Contact WTTI to receive a Remote Test Facility Application Packet.
|Step #2:||Complete the application and the self audit. Return the completed forms along with payment and necessary documentation.|
||WTTI will issue a certificate demonstrating that you have been accepted as a Remote Test Facility and provide you with the documentation to begin operation.|
Once you have been accepted as an RTF, this is how it works:
- Access the RTF Portal using your username and password.
- Find the RTF Order Form under the Certification Test Documents heading.
- Complete the online form.
- RTF's can use a PO or supply credit card information. Kits paid for by the RTF will be sent upon receipt of the order form.
- If an individual elects to pay for his/her own test, then an invoice will be sent to the individual once WTTI receives the order form. The order will be processed after the payment has been made. A $15 fee will be included.
- WTTI will send the Certification Test Kit to the RTF.
- You (as the CWI) will supervise the test at your facility, then repack and return the sample to WTTI in the original postage paid box.
- WTTI will process the test through our Accredited Lab.
- WTTI will issue a Laboratory Test Report, Welder Qualification Document, Welder Certification ID Card, and Welder Qualification Maintenance Log for each passing test.
- Documentation will be sent to the RTF.
Certification Test Submittal
Remote Test Facility Program
RTF Member Login